Top Ad unit 728 × 90

President Jacob Zuma Given Until November 30th To Defend Multi Billion Rand Corruption Charges Against Him


Sponsored link


Coming after South Africa’s Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) struck out an application by President Jacob Zuma and the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) to appeal a High Court ruling that the 2009 decision to drop 18 corruption charges against him was irrational, following charges related to Zuma’s alleged involvement in the country’s multi-billion rand arms deal, the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) told Zuma yesterday that it will only consider new representations on why he should not face corruption charges on November 30, 2017.
NPA spokesperson Luvuyo Mfaku gave a detailed timeline for Zuma’s possible prosecution, including that he has until November 30 to make representations as to why the prosecuting authority should not charge him with corruption.
“The NDPP (National Director of Public Prosecutions) is of the view that, in light of the judgment of the SCA, it appears that any further representations envisaged by Mr Zuma should relate to issues not previously considered,” Mfaku said in a statement.
On April 6, 2009, then-NPA head Mokotedi Mpshe said recordings of telephone conversations between then-Scorpions boss Leonard McCarthy and former NPA boss Bulelani Ngcuka showed political interference in the decision to charge Zuma who was recently honored with a statue by Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State.


President Jacob Zuma Given Until November 30th To Defend Multi Billion Rand Corruption Charges Against Him Reviewed by Nonso Media on 15:18 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by OmogistBlog © 2016
Designed by Kukuvibes

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.